LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— The mother charged with abandoning her adopted child and fled to Canada is now in custody.
Kristine Barnett turned herself into authorities Thursday at 6:20 a.m., according to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office.
She bonded out less than two hours later.
As we previously reported, she and her ex-husband were accused of abandoning their adopted daughter in a Lafayette apartment.
Kristine's ex-husband, Michael Barnett, turned himself in on Wednesday. He bonded out an hour after he was booked.
We will continue to follow this story and provide updates as it evolves.
- Mother who adopted child, fled to Canada turns herself in
- Canada releases a Canada-shaped coin
- Mothers graduate from maternal child-health program
- Bill insures full disclosure of adoptive child health history
- Police say chase suspect fled into Lake Shafer
- Purdue adopts global collaboration statement
- Denver is rounding up its Canada geese -- to turn them into food for the needy
- Man charged, allegedly chokes child until face turns blue
- Turn! Turn! Turn! Cubs match double-play record vs Bucs
- Woman accused of abandoning adopted child in Lafayette wants to leave state