MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- Indiana State Police have identified the trooper involved in the fatal shooting of Glenn Rightsell as Daniel Organ of the Lafayette post.
ISP says Organ has no disciplinary record and is on administrative leave during the investigation.
Rightsell was shot and killed on December 28th while working on his daughter's disabled vehicle on the side of U.S. 231.
Organ told investigators Rightsell was carrying a firearm and grabbed at his weapon when Organ fired. The case will be passed on to the Montgomery County prosecutor's office once the investigation is concluded.
Video filmed by a neighbor captured the minutes after Rightsell was shot. He was taken to a Montgomery county hospital where he died.
This story will be updated.
- ISP Identifies trooper in fatal shooting of Glenn Rightsell
- ISP submits report to prosecutor in Glenn Rightsell death investigation
- Crawfordsville community wants justice for Glenn Rightsell
- Widow of Glenn Rightsell takes steps to file wrongful death lawsuit against ISP, doctor
- Glenn Rightsell laid to rest, honored with motorcycle ride
- ISP Trooper catches Newton County carjacking suspect
- No charges against ISP trooper in shooting death
- ISP identifies man killed in Monday crash
- ISP trooper forced off road in Vermillion County collision
- ISP recognizes Trooper of the Year for the Lafayette post