CASS COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)- Anahi Garcia, 17, and Faith Dold, 17, are dead and five others are injured after a serious crash in Cass County. The two teenagers were both from Monticello.
It happened on U.S. 35 halfway between Logansport and Royal Center on Friday evening, around 5:55 p.m.
Sheriff Randy Pryor told News 18 a car driven by Mandy Conley of Medaryville had to brake for an animal in the road, when her car was rear-ended by a semi truck.
Conley also had her 2-year-old and 13-year-old sons in the car with her.
The semi, driven by Jerry Williams of LaCrosse, then swerved into the other lane, and hit an oncoming car carrying five teenagers.
Garcia and Dold were pronounced dead on the scene by Cass County Coroner Randy Rozzi.
The car they were in was driven by 17-year-old Briana Ademi. Ademi along with the two other passengers were taken to Logansport Memorial Hospital.
Conley, along with her two children, were also transported there with injuries
Sheriff Pryor said this is an ongoing investigation and they are taking their time.
- BREAKING: Names released of Cass County fatal crash
- Officials release name of fatal crash victim
- Name released in Lake Village fatal crash
- One dead in Cass County crash
- Names of those involved in fatal plane crash released
- Officials release names of fatal car, motorcycle crash
- Cass County Deputies save man reported missing from car crash
- Tourniquet saves life of car crash victim in Cass County
- Cass County Community Talks Wind Farm Proposal
- Cass County Tyson plant temporarily shut down