LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Aviators, the defending Prospect League champions, dropped their season opener to the Terre Haute Rex 13-8 on Wednesday at Loeb Stadium.
Terre Haute took advantage of four Lafayette errors in the first three innings to score seven runs. The Aviators finished with five errors.
Bryce Ball and Jack Thelan each had two hits for the Aviators while Matthew Patton and Jordan Patty drove in two runs a piece.
The two teams will play again on Thursday in Terre Haute at 7:05 pm.
- Rex spoil Aviators season opener 13-8
- Aviators announce new coach for 2018 season
- Lafayette Aviators in need of host families for 2018 season
- Pacers spoil Embiid’s 40-point night, beat Sixers 113-101
- Aviation Day gives public an uncommon opportunity
- Lafayette Aviators have a new owner
- Brent McNeil returns as Aviators manager
- Bengals rally late to spoil Luck’s return with 34-23 win
- Purdue baseball sweeps season-opening double-header
- Columbian Park Zoo opens for season