WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI)—Purdue held it's aviation day for the public on Saturday.
This event is held every year and hosted by students from the School of Aviation and Transportation Technology in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute.
Different airlines and military aircraft were on display for the public to see.
One military aircraft on display was the United States Coast Guard helicopter.
This helicopter is operated by Lafayette native and Lt. Erin Nolan.
She said it's an honor to be back in her hometown, educating the public on the world of aviation.
"It's phenomenal to bring a part of what I love to do back home," said Nolan. "The coast guard's not something a lot of people necesarily associate with Indiana. We got a very small coastline on Lake Michigan but it's something that has been phenomenal."
- Aviation Day held at the Purdue Airport
- Aviation Day gives public an uncommon opportunity
- Purdue's Aviation School makes the switch to iPads
- Lafayette Aviators Baseball hosts field day for community
- 'Golden Pete' awards held at Purdue
- Purdue held its 'Teacher Pinning Education Ceremony'
- Aviators announce new coach for 2018 season
- Lafayette Aviators have a new owner
- Rex spoil Aviators season opener 13-8
- Brent McNeil returns as Aviators manager