TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - An autopsy revealed North Newton School Corporation Superintendent Destin Haas died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Tippecanoe County Coroner Donna Avolt.
Haas' death was ruled undetermined, however Avolt believes it was accidental.
Haas was found unresponsive in his Benton County garage on Feb. 4. He was taken to a hospital in Tippecanoe County, where he later died.
Avolt said there was a 70-percent carbon monoxide level in his body, which she says is high. Avolt doesn't feel like his death was a suicide.
Haas was the former superintendent of Benton Community Schools. He took over at North Newton in 2013 and leaves behind a wife and four children.
- Autopsy shows carbon monoxide poisoning killed North Newton superintendent
- Autopsy completed for North Newton School Corporation Superintendent
- North Newton School Corporation Superintendent dies
- Carbon monoxide detector requirements face opposition
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery
- Body found in Newton County
- Friends mourn the loss of woman killed in Newton County
- Two vehicle crash kills one in Newton County
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Semi and train collide in Newton County