MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — The Monticello fire department confirms one person is dead after an apparent workplace accident. Around 1:15 p.m. Friday, officials received a call about someone trapped under a trailer loading ramp on Hanawalt Street near Railroad Street. Two police officers and a civilian were able to get the victim out, but he fell into cardiac arrest and did not survive.
The fire department says the man was working alone at the time of the accident and it is not clear how long he was trapped before his coworkers found him.
The Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Department is expected to handle the investigation. Officials are waiting to release the identity of the victim until the family has been notified.
According to the White County Coroner, an autopsy is scheduled for Sunday.
- Authorities respond to a workplace fatality in Monticello
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Abandoned Monticello home catches fire
- Monticello factory investigating injury of employee
- Monticello woman dead after Sunday morning crash
- School crossing guard spreading joy in Monticello
- NRA President makes a stop in Monticello
- Divers searching for kayaker near Monticello
- Meet the candidates in Monticello's mayoral race
- Frankfort community responds to fatal fire