DEWITT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities have released the names of three Indiana men killed and three others injured when the small plane they were in crashed near a mid-Michigan airport.
The Clinton County sheriff's office says 67-year-old Timothy Clark, 51-year-old John Lowe and 46-year-old Neil Sego died Thursday morning. Forty-eight-year-old Joel Beavins, 42-year-old Aaron Blackford and 27-year-old Zechariah Bennett remain in critical condition at a Michigan hospital.
Clark was from Franklin. Lowe was from Greenwood and Sego was from Trafalgar. The injured men also are from Indiana. Beavins is from Franklin. Blackford is from Frankton and Bennett is from Plainfield.
Authorities did not say who was piloting or co-piloting the single-engine plane which crashed about 9 a.m. Thursday outside Capital Region International Airport in DeWitt Township. The plane earlier had left Indy South Greenwood Airport near Indianapolis.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating.
- Authorities release names of Michigan plane crash victims
- Officials release name of fatal crash victim
- Names of those involved in fatal plane crash released
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- Name released in Lake Village fatal crash
- Authorities: 1 believed dead in northern Indiana small plane crash
- Name released of Rensselaer stabbing victim; suspect jailed
- I-65 reopens six hours after fatal crash; names of victims released
- 3 dead, 3 hurt in small plane crash near Michigan airport
- Officials release names of fatal car, motorcycle crash