LOGANSPORT, Ind. (AP) — Authorities have identified two young siblings who died in a northern Indiana house fire while their mother escaped with an infant through a second-story window.
Logansport police Lt. A.J. Rozzi tells the Pharos Tribune that 1-year-old Jason Whitelow Jr. and 5-year-old Cataleya Arellano died at a hospital. Authorities say firefighters pulled the two children from the second floor of the burning house on Logansport's south side shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday.
Rozzi says the infant was in stable condition at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. Rozzi said the children's 25-year-old mother was airlifted to a Fort Wayne hospital but he didn't know the extent of her injuries.
Logansport fire investigator Jason Miller said the fire was accidental and started in the living room on the house's first floor.
- Authorities identify 2 young siblings dead in Indiana fire
- Authorities: 2 dead after train hits vehicle in Indiana
- Authorities: 1 believed dead in northern Indiana small plane crash
- Police identify woman found dead along I-65 in Indiana
- Texas bombing suspect identified; suspect dead
- Authorities identify body in rental vehicle in Indianapolis
- Cochlear implants help three WL siblings hear and talk
- Indiana's young Democrats bid to host national convention
- Indiana's Young to head Senate Republican campaign wing
- Man faces charges after Indiana crash kills 2 young people