TAYLORSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities searching for a south central Indiana man who may have disappeared while kayaking have found his kayak in a river.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says 26-year-old Keygan Matlock of Taylorsville last had communication with friends and family Wednesday morning when he spoke of kayaking the Driftwood or Flatrock rivers near Columbus. Both rivers are running high after recent heavy rains.
His family reported him missing Thursday.
The DNR says Friday that his kayak was found on the Driftwood River, offering further confirmation that Matlock was on the water. Still, the DNR says in a statement that there's "a very large area of the river to be searched" and efforts continued Friday to find him.
- Authorities find missing man's kayak in Indiana river search
- Authorities search southern Indiana river for missing boy
- Body of missing kayaker on Tippecanoe River found
- Divers searching for kayaker near Monticello
- Private consultant finds body of man missing in Indiana lake
- Body of missing South Bend kayaker found along Lake Michigan
- 4-year-old girl, father dead in Indiana kayaking accident
- Kayak believed to belong to missing South Bend man found along Lake Michigan shoreline
- Authorities: Foot in Indiana pond was that of missing woman
- Body of missing boy recovered from southern Indiana river