TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say an 18-year-old man has died after being shot in the face by a friend who was playing with a gun in western Indiana.
The Tribune-Star reports police arrested 20-year-old Dylan Morgan of Terre Haute on charges of reckless homicide, altering the scene of a death and obstruction of justice in connection with the early Sunday shooting death of Gage Eup at Morgan's home.
Court records Tuesday didn't yet list a lawyer for Morgan.
A probable cause affidavit says Morgan told Eup he'd shoot him if he didn't change a song that was playing. Police were told Morgan got a gun, removed the magazine and pointed it at Eup's face while playing with the weapon. Morgan reportedly told investigators he didn't think the gun would fire without the magazine.
- Authorities: Man fatally shot by friend playing with gun
- Authorities: Man fatally shot in Indiana hunting accident
- Authorities: 48 guns, drugs found in Indiana man's home
- Kokomo man fatally shot by 11-year-old, police say
- Police name northern Indiana man fatally shot by deputies
- Authorities respond to a workplace fatality in Monticello
- Authorities: Drug raid turns up 22 guns, homemade bombs
- Police: 3 fatally shot in Indianapolis; witnesses sought
- Man in custody after 2 people fatally shot in NW Indiana
- Child finds gun, fires shot inside Indiana Ikea store