WILLIAMSBURG, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a 27-year-old man has died following a farming accident in eastern Indiana.
The Palladium-Item reports Jonathon "Jesse" Martin was found dead by emergency responders on Monday after a family member discovered him entangled in a tractor-powered corn picker.
The Wayne County sheriff's office says Martin, who had been operating the corn picker, was trapped while attempting to clean the machine.
The death is under investigation.
- Authorities: Man dies in farming accident in eastern Indiana
- Authorities: Man fatally shot in Indiana hunting accident
- Farming accident kills 66-year-old
- Rensselaer man dies in ice fishing accident
- Hobby farms leading to more accidents, injuries
- Man's body recovered following Indiana canoe accident
- 15-year-old dies after Indiana off-road vehicle accident
- Autocar Trucks lays off 70 workers at eastern Indiana plant
- Eastern Indiana rehab program enrolls women with children
- Eastern, Edwards lead Purdue past No. 25 Indiana 70-55