A brief tornado occurred this evening 2 miles west-northwest of Kentland. I have seen the video from a storm chaser & it appears the touchdown was brief. It occurred right where the low-level rotation tightened near Kentland.
Thanks to Brett at Live Storms Media was kind enough to let me share his footage on-air.
Here is the touch-down:
Here is a link to the video on YouTube:
Similar tight low-level rotation was seen on radar near Goodland, as well as Marshfield & West Lebanon (Warren County).
Recently a couple of storms have tried to tighten with low-level rotation in southeastern Warren & western Tippecanoe counties.
Risk continues for an isolated severe storm up to 5 a.m.
Showers/storms continue in the area. They have been training over Warren County where up to 3" of rainfall has fallen just this evening. 1-2" has fallen from eastern White to western Clinton counties.
Rain tomorrow morning will give way to clearing in the afternoon with west winds 10-20 mph with humid highs near 83.
A few isolated to spotty showers/storms are possible at times Wednesday to Saturday with decrease in humidity. After a heat-up to 87 Friday, highs will only run in the 70s Saturday to Monday.
Still looks to heat up to 85-90 with higher humidity briefly late next week with some storms along a cold front.
Cool spell with highs 69-73 & lows 43-47 look to occur after that.
- August 26, 10:45 PM: Brief Tornado Near Kentland This Evening
- August 26, 11:45 PM Weather Update
- Kentland fire ruled as accidental
- August 26, 2:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- August 26, 6:30 PM Weather Forecast Update
- October 26, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update
- August 15, 3:10 PM Rainfall Update
- August 15, 10:56 PM Weather Update
- August 20, 10 PM Weather Update
- August 11, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update