TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) —Aug. 28 is officially Mental Health Professionals Appreciation Day in Tippecanoe County.
Mental Health America organized a meeting with city leaders and directors of local mental health clinics.
During that meeting a proclamation was signed to recognize and honor those who work in the mental health field.
Mental Health America's Chief Executive Officer Jennifer Flora says people who work in the industry have a tough job.
The event was to let them know people appreciate their work.
"The mental health directors and their staff will be taking that proclamation back to their clinics and sharing that with their staff and hopefully it will mean a lot to them," said Flora.
Lafayette Mayor Tony Roswarski, County Commissioner Tom Murtaugh, and West Lafayette City Clerk representing Mayor John Dennis read the proclamation.
Flora said this proclamation is the first of its kind in Tippecanoe County.
- Aug. 28 officially Mental Health Professionals Appreciation Day in Tippecanoe County
- Legislators tour Tippecanoe County mental health services
- High school scoreboard for Aug. 28
- Both candidates for Tippecanoe County Sheriff support mental health
- Legislators will tour Tippecanoe County mental health providers
- Tippecanoe Health Dept.: West Nile virus found in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County mental health leaders call for action this legislative session
- Veterans appreciation luncheon happening Saturday
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe Co. Health Dept. free lunch