ATTICA, Ind. (WLFI) — There's no question Ryan Good has done exactly that since taking over the Attica football team in 2008. They've enjoyed nine winning seasons in 10 years including a 9-3 finish in 2017, but the Red Ramblers have yet to capture an elusive sectional title.
There's little reason to doubt why Good's squad can't replicate that success entering the new campaign. Eight starters return to a potent Spread Wing-T offense which averaged 35 points and over 200 yards rushing last season. Eight starters return to a defense which posted three shutouts.
Through all the success, the Red Ramblers have still had sectional championship aspirations.
"Whenever you return starters from the previous year, that's always a plus, you hope those kids will bring along the younger kids so when they leave the younger kids will step up and take their place," said head coach Ryan Good.
"We do have a few new players and a few new positions to fill from ur graduated seniors," said senior running back Drew Sheridan. "We just need to find those players to fill those spots."
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Attica looks to continue its success under Ryan Good
- Fall Camp Frenzy: new-look Harrison Raiders hope to build on recent success
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Raymond Jones era begins at Clinton Prairie
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Carroll looks to build on 2017 season
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Seeger Patriots optimistic about next step
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Pioneer begins pursuit of second straight title
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Brian Nay takes over at Central Catholic
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Clinton Central tries to move on after player's unexpected death
- Fall of Camp Frenzy: North Montgomery looks to avoid third straight losing season
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Fresh faces at North White will fill important roles in 2018