Photo Gallery 3 Images
ATTICA, Ind. (WLFI) -- A family of five is safe after escaping their burning home around 10:35 p.m. on Dec. 14.
West Point Volunteer Fire Department responded to the fire and said it started from a wood stove for heat. Shadeland Fire Department, Attica Fire Department, Mellott Volunteer Fire Department and Williamsport Indiana Fire Department were called to help.
The fire blazed through the walls and floor board making its way to the chimney. When the fire department arrived, flames were coming out of the chimney.
It took nearly 4 hours to extinguish the fire. A firefighter on the scene said the entire home is destroyed from water, smoke and heat damage.
The family and pets left the home uninjured.
A deeper investigation is taking place, according to Gary Cheesman, a fire fighter with the West Point Volunteer Fire Department.
Photos submitted by viewer David Ryan on Twitter.
Visit WLFI.com for updates.