LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An Illinois man is in the Tippecanoe County Jail after he allegedly tried to break into Lafayette businesses, and then led police on a chase. Calvin Lowe is charged with three counts of attempted burglary and one count of resisting law enforcement.
On Aug. 10, Lafayette police said they found Lowe scoping out businesses on Old US 231. Police said officers saw Lowe crouched down in front of a Mexican grocery store. Officers also noticed the locks on that business and several others had been tampered with.
Lowe allegedly placed objects in a car and drove off, according to police. When LPD tried to pull him over, police said he allegedly began to speed up. A pursuit lasted into Clinton County, where officers were able to stop his car.
Court documents show Lowe admitted he drove around the Lafayette area looking for businesses to break into.
- Attempted robbery, police chase leads to charges against Illinois man
- Illinois man sentenced for attempted burglary and police chase
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- Lafayette man charged in Village Pantry attempted armed robbery
- Check fraud attempt at Chase bank leads to 4 arrests
- Lafayette police investigating Chase Bank robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- Man shot, wounded after leading Indiana police on chase
- Suspect charged with Shell Gas Station attempted robbery
- Shot fired at cop leads to attempted murder charge