INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WLFI) — So far, six people are gunning for State Senator Brandt Hershman's seat.
But there's still time to file.
Hershman is leaving District seven after 18 years.
He plans to work for a law firm in Washington D.C.
A caucus is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 25 to replace him.
Senate Republicans don't want to release the names of the candidates until after the filing deadline.
Candidates can file until Monday evening.
- Indiana Republicans working to fill senate seat
- At least 6 looking to fill State Senate seat
- Brian Buchanan selected to fill Brandt Hershman's seat
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Fill the Boot fundraiser to begin Friday
- 72 hours in America: Three hate-filled crimes. Three hate-filled suspects.
- State senator to introduce hate crime bill
- Sherry Shipley to run for State Senate
- Homeless shelters filling fast due to cold temperatures
- The West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Superintendent position is filled