INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WLFI) — So far, six people are gunning for State Senator Brandt Hershman's seat.
But there's still time to file.
Hershman is leaving District seven after 18 years.
He plans to work for a law firm in Washington D.C.
A caucus is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 25 to replace him.
Senate Republicans don't want to release the names of the candidates until after the filing deadline.
Candidates can file until Monday evening.
- Indiana Republicans working to fill senate seat
- At least 6 looking to fill State Senate seat
- Brian Buchanan selected to fill Brandt Hershman's seat
- Airplane seat cameras: US senators demand answers
- More races go to Democrats, including Senate seat in Ariz.
- New businesses fill downtown void
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Fill the Boot fundraiser to begin Friday
- New positions filled within Tippecanoe School Corporation
- 72 hours in America: Three hate-filled crimes. Three hate-filled suspects.