LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Tippecanoe Arts Federation celebrated the arts in Greater Lafayette and the surrounding communities with the 2019 Bravo for the Arts.
Grants and awards were given out to outstanding people, programs, and organizations who help grow the arts in their communities.
The Songwriters Association of Mid-North Indiana was awarded a $94,000 grant. Scott Greeson accepted the grant on behalf of SAMI. He said TAF has always supported artists no matter what the medium.
“This just further substantiates that for me.” Greeson said. “It tells me, people do care, they do care about your creativity. They want to hear what you have to sing, what you have to say.”
Greeson says SAMI will use the grant to build a recording studio for songwriters in the community to use.
For a list of grant and award winners, visit the TAF website.
- Arts and Humanities celebrated at 2019 Bravo for the Arts
- Bravo for the Arts Awards Nearly $500,000 in Grants
- 20th Annual Bravo for the Arts banquet focuses on community
- Frankfort unveils first piece of public art
- TEDxPurdueU event stresses the art of ordinary
- 'Art in the Park' goes Latin
- Gallery Walks highlights local art and culture
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft
- Lafayette Jiffy Lube enters the art scene
- 'Love Liberal Arts' week underway at Purdue