TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Sheriff's Office has made an arrest in the Tippecanoe County Courthouse bomb threat.
As we previously reported it happened the morning of April 11th.
47-year-old Michael Lee Battering is currently being held in the Tippecanoe County Jail.
He faces two charges.
Those are false reporting of an explosive device and intimidation.
This story will be updated tonight at News 18 at 10 and 11.
* * *
April 11th, 2019: The Tippecanoe County Courthouse is back in session after it was evacuated due to a bomb threat this morning. No explosives were found.
Around 8:30 Thursday morning, someone called the clerk's office and told them where the bombs would be and what time they would go off. It was the specific details in the threat that made courthouse security decide to evacuate.
Everyone left the building for about an hour while bomb dogs sniffed the area and law enforcement searched for explosives.
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County courthouse bomb threat
- Tippecanoe County Courthouse reopened after alleged bomb threat
- 20 years ago: Tippecanoe County attempted courthouse bombing
- Hidden history within the Tippecanoe County Courthouse
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Official charges filed in Tipp. Co courthouse bomb threat
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft
- Friends of Downtown voice Tippecanoe County Courthouse concerns
- Man arrested for shooting in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains