NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The Newton County Sheriff's Office has arrested 21-year-old Garrett K. Kirts of Lebanon for the alleged murder of Nicole Bowen.
As News 18 previously reported Bowen's body was found just north of Kentland on Saturday, March 30th. The FBI assisted in identifying her body.
Kirts has been charged with murder and is currently being held in the Newton County Jail without bond. He was also arrested on a Jasper County charge of resisting law enforcement on April 1st.
Several others were also arrested in connection to the crime.
34-year-old Jasmine Parker of Kentland and 26-year-old Ashley Garth of Delphi were charged for assisting a criminal, which is a level five felony.
A warrant has been issued for Christopher Channing Mathis, a 27-year-old from Kentland for assisting a criminal. Anyone with information as to Mathis’ whereabouts should call the Newton County Sheriff’s Office 219-474-5661.
“I’m extremely pleased with the timely resolution in this case and very proud of the dedication shown by our deputies," said Newton County Sheriff Thomas VanVleet said. "I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to the assisting agencies for their involvement and aid in this investigation.”
- Arrest made for alleged murder of Nicole Bowen
- Suspect with warrant connected to Bowen murder investigation arrested
- Woman wanted for questioning in Bowen homicide investigation
- Alleged murderer writes daughter an apology letter
- Farmers find alleged double murder weapon
- Arrest made in infant death case
- No arrest made in Friday's southside shooting
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft
- Arrest made in Lafayette lumberyard arson