LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An arrest has been made in an arson investigation at a Lafayette lumberyard. Von Tobel Lumber and Hardware, located off Earl Avenue, caught fire early Sunday morning.
Police arrested 45-year-old Jason Brady Sunday afternoon on three preliminary charges of arson and one preliminary charge of theft. He was booked into the Tippecanoe County Jail on a $3,500 bond.
According to Lafayette Police, Brady was fired from Tobel Lumber and Hardware.
Detectives with the Lafayette Fire Department said around 3:30 Sunday morning, crews responded to a fire at Von Tobel. It is unclear how the fire was set.
According to Lafayette police records, an arson report at the lumberyard was also investigated last Wednesday night (Aug. 22). It's unclear if the two incidents are connected.
This is a developing story and we will bring you more information as we learn it.
- Arrest made in Lafayette lumberyard arson
- Lafayette woman charged with arson sentenced to 6 years
- Frankfort house fire ruled arson
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Arrest made in infant death case
- No arrest made in Friday's southside shooting
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft