LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An employee from the Lafayette Arconic plant is in critical condition after falling into a casting pit early Friday morning, according to Lafayette fire.
On Friday, a spokesperson from Arconic said in an official statement:
“Our thoughts are with our colleague and his family, and we offer them our support during this difficult time. We are working with the appropriate authorities to investigate the incident.”
The LFD battalion chief confirmed a man fell about 40 feet into the pit a little before 1 a.m. The employee's identity was not released. The batallion chief said he believed the pit was empty, but could not say for sure. He said the victim's injuries were from the fall.
Arconic is an aluminum manufacturing plant on Main Street and Sagamore Parkway.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
- Arconic employee critical after falling 40 feet into casting pit
- IOSHA conducting safety review at Arconic after worker fall
- Arconic ends pre-Medicare retiree health coverage
- Lafayette United Steelworkers plan rally outside Arconic
- Union workers at Arconic vote on strike
- USW rallies outside Arconic in Lafayette for fair contract
- Arconic, USW Local 115 negotiations continue June 23rd
- TODAY: United Steelworkers vote to ratify new contract with Arconic
- Employee killed after fall at Nanshan America
- Arconic on Wednesday's rally: "steelworkers are free to voice their opinion"