LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — United Steelworkers Local 115 contract negotiations with Arconic are continuing next week.
A date has been finalized to resume those talks and hopefully come to a resolve.
USW's negotiating team will go to Pittsburgh Sunday, June 23rd to work through the contract.
The Local 115 president said the talks are taking place throughout the week with a soft deadline being Friday, June 28th.
As we previously reported Arconic employees said there are problems with their benefits including pensions.
Spencer Buchanan said it's nice to have the community back them up.
"I can tell you that the USW local 115 members appreciate all the community support that we have been getting," said Buchanan.
Buchanan said the goal is for everyone within the company to get on the same page and fight for a fair contract.
We will bring you an update to negotiation talks as those become available.
- Arconic, USW Local 115 negotiations continue June 23rd
- USW rallies outside Arconic in Lafayette for fair contract
- United Steelworkers Local 115 agrees to 3 year contract with Arconic
- Arconic ends pre-Medicare retiree health coverage
- Lafayette United Steelworkers plan rally outside Arconic
- Union workers at Arconic vote on strike
- Arconic employee critical after falling 40 feet into casting pit
- IOSHA conducting safety review at Arconic after worker fall
- TODAY: United Steelworkers vote to ratify new contract with Arconic
- Purdue's 23rd astronaut heads to space Sunday