LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- Arconic officials say the company is working on a new tentative agreement for its employees 'that allows our business to grow.'
Arconic and United Steelworkers (USW) are negotiating a new labor contract. The deadline for that contract was 11:59 p.m. Wednesday night.
Just hours before the current labor agreements were set to expire, negotiations stalled.
A temporary deal was made, with both parties agreeing to continue working under the current terms of their contracts while discussions continue.
News 18 spoke with Arconic's Communications Manager, Cary Dell, who said the company is working to achieve a fair contract for its employees.
Dell said contract negotiations will continue without a set deadline.
He also commented on Wednesday's rally, saying "steelworkers are free to voice their opinion."
- Arconic on Wednesday's rally: "steelworkers are free to voice their opinion"
- Lafayette United Steelworkers plan rally outside Arconic
- USW rallies outside Arconic in Lafayette for fair contract
- Arconic ends pre-Medicare retiree health coverage
- Union workers at Arconic vote on strike
- Arconic employee injured in work-related incident
- Arconic employee airlifted after lithium spill
- Arconic employee critical after falling 40 feet into casting pit
- IOSHA conducting safety review at Arconic after worker fall
- Arconic, USW Local 115 negotiations continue June 23rd