RENSSELAER, Ind, (WLFI) — An Arby's employee confesses to the fatal stabbing of his coworker, Jared Valentine.
According to court documents, Raymond Dhliwayo told Rensselaer Police he was sorry for stabbing Valentine.
Dhliwayo told officers Valentine made an insulting comment to him while they were working at Arby's Thursday night. He didn't specify what that comment was.
Dhliwayo said he went to his van to grab his knife, went back in and stabbed Valentine.
A witness told police Valentine didn't see it coming. He said Dhliwayo stabbed him from behind.
That witness said Valentine tried to get away but Dhliwayo kept stabbing.
Police found Valentine with three stab wounds, one to the abdomen, two to the chest.
- Arby's employee confesses to the stabbing of his coworker
- Man accused of murdering Arby's coworker pleads not guilty
- Court: 'Making a Murderer' defendant's confession stands
- Sheriff’s report: Suspect confessed to Florida school attack
- Attorney wants confession in Colts player's death thrown out
- Immigrant's confession in Colts player death could be used
- High court won't hear suit alleging coerced confessions
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- A teen confesses to breaking into a California zoo at night and stealing an endangered lemur