INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Users of Amazon’s personal helper device Alexa can now get Indiana travel advisories.
The Indiana Office of Technology announced Thursday that Alexa users can get county-level travel statuses.
Simply say: “Alexa, ask Indiana for travel advisories.” The device will then ask for which county the information is needed. Alexa will report back if there is an advisory, a watch or a warning issued.
State officials say that’s not the only Indiana specific information available. You can also say “Ask Indiana” to get contact information for state agencies and employees.
The announcement comes as Indiana officials are trying woo Amazon, which has plans to build a second North American headquarters. Indianapolis was named one of 20 finalist cities for what Amazon is calling HQ2.
- Amazon’s Alexa now offering Indiana travel advisories
- Amazon's Alexa will now give Brits health advice
- Your Amazon Alexa can sound just like Samuel L. Jackson
- Travel advisories for the viewing area
- Wind Advisory
- Travel advisories in effect for the viewing area.
- Amazon reportedly employs thousands of people to listen to your Alexa conversations
- Amazon is adding Alexa into earbuds, eyeglasses, high-end speakers and even an oven
- Amazon to no longer offer campus textbook programs
- Indiana Department of Transportation offers ‘Santa Tracker’