LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— Amanda McNeff is being awarded 2018's Woman of Innovation by the YWCA. The honor comes as a tribute to her leadership at her job and fitness classes.
She is a district sales manager for FedEx and won the "Rising Star" award for contributing to the donation of over $11.7 million and over five hundred thousand totes of needed items through the FedEx Cares program.
McNeff teaches fitness classes at Studio B in Lafayette and was nominated by a student in her Zumba class. She said she was very humbled that someone had thought of her to receive this award.
"We have a culture of giving back and I feel studio B has that same passion as well," McNeff said. "That's part of the reason they were nominated for the customer impact award and the small business of the year award."
Mcneff also raises money for Ultimate Pink Party, a fundraiser to benefit the YWCA Women’s Cancer program, and hosts a POUND group at Studio B where members donate to Lafayette Transitional Housing Center and other organizations.
She will be recognized on Tuesday at the annual Salute to Women ceremony at the Trails Banquet Facility.
- Amanda McNeff awarded Woman of Innovation by YWCA
- YWCA holds first indoor market
- YWCA announces women of distinction
- YWCA announces permanent pool closure
- Thometra Foster recognized by YWCA as woman of distinction
- Veronica Jalomo recognized by YWCA as woman of distinction
- Tetia Lee recognized as Woman of Distinction by YWCA
- Carolyn Jones named a YWCA Woman of Wisdom for 2018
- Sally Watlington recognized as a 'Woman of Wisdom' by YWCA
- Social media movement inspires YWCA event