LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Coroner has released the name of the man found stabbed to death in Lafayette last month.
As we previously reported, the 57-year-old was found dead in an Alabama street home Dec. 13.
Avolt said the cause of death was multiple sharp force trauma.
According to his body's decomposition, she said the man was dead in the home for a couple of weeks.
He had a total of 54 stab wounds on his head, neck, chest, abdomen and hands and feet.
Police are still investigating Sandefur's death.
- Alabama Street homicide victim identified
- LPD released name of Lafayette homicide victim
- Victim Identified in S.R. 26 Fatal Crash
- LPD: "Shooter interviewed and released" in Friday's 9th Street homicide
- Officials release identity of second victim in homicide, arson investigation
- Victims in speedboat accident on Lake Shafer identified
- Final 2 victims from southern Indiana jet crash identified
- Victim of fatal crash on State Road 26 identified
- Victims identified in fatal crash in Tippecanoe County
- Covington man identified as victim of 2018 Illinois fire