WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- Being an adult is hard. That’s why the Boy Scouts of America and Brokerage Brewing Company are teaming up to have some 21 and up fun.
If you know the pinewood derby, get ready for the pint wood derby.
It’s the same idea, but there’s beer involved!
It costs $50 dollars to race, and the money will benefit Boy Scouts of America.
That gets participants the pinewood derby kit, which has everything you need to build a car.
Participants also get a free pint of beer in a special pintwood derby glass that is theirs to keep.
Everybody will race in small groups on a 48-foot long track.
The more creative your car is, the better.
“You can make it look like a banana, you can make it look like a can of beer, you can make it look like anything you want," said Bryon Haverstick, Assistant Scout Executive for the Sagamore Council Boy Scouts of America. "As long as it’s no more than five ounces and you use the nails and wheels that come in the kit for the wheels and axles.”
Haverstick said he hopes this event can bring back memories for former scouts.
“We're hoping that the patrons of the brewery and the people that live in the Greater Lafayette area will come out and support the event and have some fun just like when they were kids racing cars.”
The pintwood derby is September 28th at Brokerage Brewing Company.
You can register at Brokerage or to register online, click here. The deadline to register is September 27th.
- Adults, this one's for you. The 'Pintwood Derby' is raising money for Boy Scouts
- Cub Scouts compete in Pinewood derby car race
- Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over name change
- WSJ: Boy Scouts may file for bankruptcy
- Boy Scouts of America Files For Bankruptcy
- West Lafayette Girl Scout working to raise money for handicap swings in parks
- Lafayette Roller Derby Team raises funds for a cause
- 'Scouting 4 Eggs' organizers explain what went wrong in adult Easter egg hunt
- Boy Scout Troop 335 finding new ways to hold scout meetings during COVID-19
- Boy scouts clean up public access to WIldcat Creek