WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Gifts of Grace hosted a picnic with a purpose at Happy Hollow on Saturday afternoon. The group is a non-profit adoption support agency based in Greater Lafayette.
Nearly 50 families came out to connect and enjoy each others company. Gift of Grace Executive Director Carlee Dawodu said like Child Welfare and Pregnancy Centers, Gift of Grace is an additional source in the community to help children get adopted.
This is the 6th annual event. Dawodu said this picnic is a special experience, especially for the kids.
“To be able to come together with one another and know, I'm here with everyone else who's been adopted and we can all celebrate this together and it's an environment where they don't have to feel like the odd one out,” said Dawodu.
Currently, this picnic focuses on adoptive families in the community. Dawodu said they plan to open it to everyone in the community in the future.
- Adoptive families in Greater Lafayette came together with a picnic
- Greater Lafayette's growing pains
- Bird scooters invade Greater Lafayette
- Greater Lafayette remembers Pearl Harbor
- Greater Lafayette's hidden musical gem
- Robotics Camp For Greater Lafayette
- Greater Lafayette families invited to 2nd annual Superhero Fundraiser
- Frost Advisory issued for Greater Lafayette
- Helping keep the Greater Lafayette community warm
- Greater Lafayette sees first snowfall of season