LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — According to his motion to change venue, Joseph Kimerer, 47, believes he won't receive a fair trial in Tippecanoe County.
The fired Amelia Earhart Elementary School teacher credits hostility from the public, outrage over the offense, prejudicial news reporting, speculative opinions, and disclosures of inadmissable evidence or misstated facts.
A hearing on this matter is scheduled for June 1.
He faces 21 criminal charges related to sex crimes against children including information of vicarious sexual gratification, child solicitation, and child exploitation.
According to the allegations, Kimerer instructed several boys, as young as nine at the time, to masturbate and bring
him measurements of their genitalia.
With his trial set for July, Kimerer is currently out on bond
Court records also show his wife has filed for divorce.
- Accused child sex offender wants change of venue
- New sex offender law signed
- Former child sex offender asks to modify sentence
- Accused teacher's trial venue under advisement
- Repeat sex offender sentenced to 50 years
- Man charged with shooting deputy seeks change of venue
- Manhunt underway for convicted sex offender in Madison County
- Why some neighborhoods aren't on the sex offender registry
- Repeat offender sentenced to 28 years for child molesting
- Venus and Jupiter conjunction wows stargazers