The Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority will now match $50,000 the community raised for the Abby and Libby Memorial Park. More than 250 donors raised $50,062 as of Monday morning.
The $1 million park will be built off the Hoosier Heartland Highway, just northeast of Delphi. The 20-acre park will include three softball/baseball fields, playgrounds, shelters, walking paths, concession stands and a community amphitheater, according to renderings.
The girls had a shared love of music, playing saxophones side-by-side in their school band, according to the crowdfunding page. The $50,000 raised by the community is expected to help build the amphitheater.
As we reported, the crowdfunding goal was announced in June and led by the L. & A. Park Foundation Inc. It had a completion date of Aug. 14.
Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off to walk near the Monon High Bridge on Feb. 13, 2017, but they never showed when they were supposed to be picked up. The next day, their bodies were found less than a mile upstream from where they were last seen.
In April, Indiana State Police released a new sketch, audio recording and video of who investigators believe is the man who killed the girls.
Police have received thousands of tips, but none have yet to lead to an arrest in this investigation. Anyone with information on the deaths of Abby and Libby should email email@example.com.
You can still give online to the fund, or give by cash or check to: L& A Park Foundation, P.O. Box 431, Delphi IN 46923
Indiana State Police have released a new video, sketch and audio of who they believe killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017. Read all the new information released here: https://t.co/WAQy2GPOYO pic.twitter.com/sbNXiHdnkN
— WLFI News 18 (@WLFI) April 22, 2019
- Abby and Libby Memorial Park reaches crowdfunding goal, state to match $50k
- Work continues on memorial park for Abby and Libby
- Abby and Libby Memorial Park making headway on construction
- WATCH: Justice for Abby and Libby
- The families of Abby Williams and Libby German find healing in building their memorial park
- The Abby and Libby Memorial Park is one step closer to completion
- Justice for Abby and Libby special report: Revisiting the bridge
- Justice for Abby and Libby: Special report preview
- 2nd annual Abby and Libby Celebration of Life online auction
- Fundraising and celebrating the lives of Abby and Libby