MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — What crews believed was an abandoned home caught fire early Monday morning in Monticello, according to investigators.
Monticello Fire Chief Galen Logan said crews were called to First and Walnut streets about 3:45 a.m. for a fully-engulfed structure fire. Crews found flames coming out the back of the house.
Firefighters also found the back door open. Logan said the home had no electricity or gas. He also believed the home was up in a sheriff's sale.
The State Fire Marshal will investigate Monday.
- Abandoned Monticello home catches fire
- Monticello teacher attends space camp
- Monticello Riverwalk Project Moving Forward
- Vacant home catches fire in Clinton County
- Home catches fire in Clarks Hill
- Mobile home burns to the ground in Monticello
- Lafayette fire facility catches fire
- Monticello PD make arrest in shots fired incident
- United Way working to re-purpose Monticello Fire Department
- Monticello factory investigating injury of employee