Photo Gallery 3 Images
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A police standoff at a Lafayette home has ended peacefully.
It happened Thursday morning at a home on Crestview Court. Police say it all started with a stolen vehicle.
It was tracked there around 8:50 a.m., and for an unknown reason, the man held up inside a home in the 2400 block of Crestview Court.
Police say 29-year-old Nathan R. Wilbanks, the subject of a recent News 18 Fugitive Search, was wanted on multiple warrants.
The two people were in the home at the time but are OK.
Because there is no known link between Wilbanks and the home, police are investigating this as a home invasion.
Homes in the area were evacuated and nearby schools were put on lockdown. Those have been lifted.
This investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Subject of Lafayette police standoff identified
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Coroner identifies man involved in West Lafayette SWAT standoff
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Man with machete arrested after 90-minute standoff with Lafayette police
- Lafayette police arrest woman after hours long standoff
- Lafayette man arrested after 18th St. standoff
- Subject of Auburn Amber Alert found safe
- Subject detained in Rossville SWAT situation
- Man killed in Lafayette police-involved shooting identified