CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Clinton County Sheriff's Office is asking people near Rossville stay alert while they search for a man wanted on an arrest warrant.
Clinton County dispatch confirmed a SWAT team was called to the scene along State Road 39, between county roads 700 North and 800 North last night. Authorities tell us they are still searching for the man, 37-year-old Matthew Gilbert.
Deputies were responding to Gilbert's felony warrant on multiple charges. According to Chief Deputy Joseph Mink, Gilbert's warrants include escape, intimidation, resisting an arrest, a failure to appear in court and two other felony charges. Gilbert does have a past with law enforcement but Mink does not believe he is not dangerous.
Police shut down State Road 39 in that area, but it has since re-opened. Mink is encouraging people in the area to be on the lookout for Gilbert but has opened up the road and schools are still in session.
On News 18 at 5, WLFI will report on what we've heard from Rossville School Superintendent and what he says schools around the area are to doing to ensure their student's safety.
- Police release name of wanted Clinton County man
- Police release identity of body found in Clinton County
- Man wanted in Clinton County taken into custody
- Clinton County man found dead after crash
- Body found in Clinton County
- Clinton Co. Humane Society releases statement after controversial meeting
- Officials release the names of those involved in fatal Clinton County crash
- I-65 construction continues in Clinton County
- Police use drone to find wanted Wolcott man in cornfield
- PUPD release images of man wanted for questioning in reported sexual battery