WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- Here at News 18, we're still reliving that boilermaker win this weekend. According to newly released reports, it was a winning weekend for the West Lafayette Police Department too. Lieutenant Adam Ferguson told News 18 everyone was very 'well-behaved' for the home opener.
Lt. Ferguson explained that with the amount of people that were out, it was kind of surprising how smoothly things went. He said the department did not receive any fight calls, which he says is unusual. Nonetheless, WLPD is happy everyone was able to get along.
In WLPD's statistical report from the weekend, three arrests made. One arrest was for operating while intoxicated and another was for driving while suspended. The last arrest was an employee theft at McDonalds, which Lt. Ferguson said is unrelated to game day activity.
There were 215 calls made to the department. Of those calls, 36 included towing for vehicles parked on private property. There were 41 traffic stops made, 16 noise complaints and 15 medical problems.
Lt. Ferguson explained that these numbers are normal, and the department is very pleased with how the weekend went.
WLPD gathered these numbers starting Friday at 7 p.m. and going until Sunday at 7 p.m.
News 18 asked Lt. Ferguson if the department is planning on making any changes based off of these numbers, and he said WLPD will not be changing much of their plan for game days.
Purdue's next home game is this Saturday, September 14th. The Boilermakers will take on the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. Kickoff is at 7:30 p.m.
- A winning weekend for boilermakers and West Lafayette Police
- West Lafayette police officer receives prestigious award
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- West Lafayette native makes history
- Harrison boys, West Lafayette girls win City County meet
- West Lafayette family wins Go Greener Garden Award
- West Lafayette Police increase patrols due to threatening banners
- Police arrest man after West Lafayette parking lot stabbing