LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A pair of McCutcheon athletes signed their letters of intent to further their academic and athletic careers Tuesday. Blake Sarjent will join the Butler Baseball program next year. Sarjent posted a 1.44 ERA through 24 1/3 innings his junior season.
Olivia Dowden will move south and continue her basketball career at Texas A&M Corpus Christi. The senior is averaging nearly 17 points and 5 rebounds a game this season. Dowden was recruited by the Islanders' staff while she lived in the area for a short period of time.
"It's absolutely amazing because, I've always been wanting to play baseball at the college level all my life, and getting to that step was just amazing for me," said Sarjent. "I think it was my sophomore year, I started to really kick it into gear. I just thought I wanted to be one of the best that came through McCutcheon."
"Honestly I didn't think this day could come soon enough and it's here, and it's just, it was a little overwhelming but now it's just exciting and I can't wait to start," said Dowden.
- A pair of McCutcheon athletes sign letters of intent
- Four athletes sign letters of intent at WL
- Ross, Stout sign national letters of intent
- McCutcheon's Phinisee signs with Indiana
- Valpo's Brandon Newman signs letter of intent to play for Purdue
- Frontier's KC Clapper inks letter of intent to Purdue
- Softball sectional pairings announced
- McCutcheon's Jackson Smeltz signs to play baseball at Purdue
- McCutcheon's Chapman signs NLI with West Virginia Tech
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central