DARLINGTON, Ind. (WLFI) — One person is dead after a farming accident in rural Darlington. According to the Montgomery County Sheriff's office, Michael J. Emmert was pronounced dead Tuesday after being struck by a tractor trailer.
According to deputies, the incident happened on a farm at East Bowers Road and North 800 East. Captain Jeremy Hughes told News 18 the victim's nephew, David L. Emmert, was driving the semi when it hit his uncle. They were both working together on the farm.
Police said drugs and alcohol are not believed to be a factor. Crash constructionists are working to figure out exactly what happened.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office is handling the investigation.
- Farming accident kills 66-year-old
- Hobby farms leading to more accidents, injuries
- Authorities: Man dies in farming accident in eastern Indiana
- FedEx worker killed in accident at Indianapolis airport
- Rossville Farm Offering Fall Fun
- Indiana cites 3 hog farms for spills, runoff, 2 fish kills
- Farming family marvels at giant pumpkin
- Holiday open house at Forrest Hill Farm
- Property owners speak out against wind farm
- Cass County Community Talks Wind Farm Proposal