CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — After less than an hour of deliberation Friday afternoon, James Haas was found guilty for the murder of 62-year-old Richard Mark Houchin.
Houchin's body was discovered on Aug. 10 in Deer Creek, which is in the northeastern part of Carroll County.
Investigators said his fatal injuries were due to head trauma.
According to prosecutors, Haas lived with Houchin's ex-wife. They said she decided to go back to Houchin and that upset Haas.
There were emotional cries and gasps from families in the courtroom after the veredict was read.
A sentencing hearing is set for Feb. 26.
- Burnettsville man was found guilty in Deer Creek murder
- Burnettsville man sentenced in Deer Creek murder
- Man found guilty of child molestation
- Loren Gary found guilty on all counts including attempted murder
- Deer hunter found dead with gunshot wound to head
- Man found guilty of attempted murder in a shooting near Columbian Park
- Man accused of murdering Arby's coworker pleads not guilty
- Jury finds Newton County man guilty of murder
- Kokomo man found guilty in Lafayette armed burglary case
- Lafayette man found guilty of shooting during drug deal