GREATER LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— October is both Domestic Violence Awareness and Breast Cancer Awareness month. The Greater Lafayette YWCA wants the community to know about all the events its putting on to raise awareness and funds for both causes.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month Events:
October 2: Power of the Purse Challenge begins, 12:00 p.m.
October 5: Lafayette Supernovas Roller Derby vs. the Dire Skates, 6:00 p.m.
October 18: Take Back the Night @ Purdue University, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
October 19: Concert @ Community Reformed Church, Time TBD
October 20: Wea Creek Orchard Fall Fest, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
October 23: Dine Out Against Domestic Violence, Time TBD
October 31: Power of the Purse Challenge ends, 1:59:59 p.m.
The Greater Lafayette YWCA offers domestic violence services and support 24/7. Click here to read more on how to get help.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month Events:
October 1: Light Up Riehle Plaza, 6:00 p.m.
October 4: Ultimate Pink Party benefiting YWCA Greater Lafayette, 5:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
October 5: Pump for Pink @ Club Newtone, 9:15 a.m.
October 6: ABATE Think Pink Ride, 11:00 a.m.
October 13: Studio B Zumba Pink Party, 7:00 p.m.
October 13 - 19: Pound for Pink Week, Parkwest Fitness
Click here to learn more about the YWCA's Women's Cancer Program.
- A list of events during Breast Cancer & Domestic Violence Awareness month
- Elkhart exhibit tied to Domestic Violence Awareness month
- Breast cancer survivor shares her story in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- How purple purses are helping spread domestic violence awareness
- It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, doctors encourage women to get their mammograms
- Dentists help spot domestic violence
- Taking action against breast cancer
- Students at Ivy Tech raise awareness about domestic and sexual violence
- Courthouse and pedestrian bridge lit up with pink lights for breast cancer awareness
- YWCA announces new director for domestic violence program