BATTLE GROUND, Ind (WLFI) — A former hotel in Battle Ground is set to be demolished after sitting vacant for 15 years.
The owners of the former Days Inn promised they would improve the property, but they didn't keep up their end of the bargain.
It's sat off Interstate 65 and State Road 43 since 2003. News 18 previously reported an agreement had to be made before the demolition happens. That order was signed Wednesday afternoon by a Tippecanoe County Judge.
It said the property is in unsafe conditions. KB Asset Management of Lafayette will oversee the demolition.They will make sure the grounds stay in a suitable condition for future development.
The Battle Ground lawyer, Eric Burns, said his goal is to have demolition started this winter.
- Judge orders demolition of former Days Inn in Battle Ground
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Battle Ground sues group that promised to fix up old Days Inn
- Battle Ground partners with Tippecanoe County to develop site of old Days Inn
- Former Days Inn finally demolished
- Former Days Inn demoltion finally begins
- Merou Grotto Demolition Underway
- Fire rips through Battle Ground home
- Two-Story barn fire in Battle Ground
- Boil advisory cancelled for Battle Ground residents