LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man was charged Thursday for an incident at a bar on October 6. Darrell Corwin's charges include kidnapping, domestic battery, resisting arrest and being a habitual offender.
According to court documents, Corwin entered a South 18th Street bar on October 6 and grabbed a female at the bar by the neck and forced her outside and into a vehicle. Other males at the bar followed them outside and were able to let the female out of the car and took her back into the bar. Corwin the left and appeared to return to his home.
Officers then went to Corwin's home where he refused to follow police orders, screaming and resisting officers.
Corwin is charged with kidnapping, domestic battery, battery, battery against a public safety official, resisting law enforcement, and being a habitual offender.
- Lafayette man charged with kidnapping after dragging woman from bar
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette woman charged with kidnapping, auto theft
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar
- Man charged with kidnapping in 2018 Lafayette abduction
- Lafayette man charged with pointing a firearm at bar-owner
- Lafayette woman allegedly steals car, kidnaps 2-year-old
- Lafayette kidnapping leads to man in FBI custody
- Man arrested for kidnapping, rape that started in Lafayette
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting