LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges after his teenage victim took a picture of him in the act and sent it to his wife.
According to Prosecutors, Michael Cochran engaged in sexual activity with the 13-year-old at his home in September. Court papers say when Cochran's wife got the picture, she took the girl home and informed the girl's mother.
Cochran is also being charged with being a habitual offender. His previous convictions include child molesting and sexual misconduct with a minor in 1995.
The state has asked for a bond in the amount of $500,000 surety and $50,000 cash.
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- Twice-convicted child molester faces more charges
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- Man facing child molestation and incest charges following investigation
- Previously convicted child molester facing new charges of sex crimes
- Man sentenced to 13 years for child molesting charges
- Jury finds man guilty of child molestation
- Man found guilty of child molestation