LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man faces nine charges after crashing his car while doing donuts in the Beck Lane Payless parking lot.
Steven Curtis was arrested on Monday. Prosecutors say Curtis was driving at more than twice the legal alcohol limit when he took two friends to the Payless, and started doing donuts in the parking lot.
They hit a tree and abandoned the car on foot, just as police arrived.
Officers said when they caught up to Curtis, he threatened them and tried to kick them.
His charges include operating while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident, resisting law enforcement, and a felony count for the battery to a public safety officer.
- A Lafayette man faces nine charges after crashing his car while doing donuts
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Lafayette woman faces charges after weekend shooting
- West Lafayette woman facing welfare fraud charges
- A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges
- Lafayette man facing several charges after a morning police pursuit
- Car crashes into Lafayette hair salon
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping