TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Franco Navarrete's trial starts Monday at the Tippecanoe County courthouse. He is accused of killing two people in Lafayette on Aug. 10 2017.
That evening, police went to the 800 block of Eastwich Drive, near Munger Park. After a report of multiple shots fired, a mother and her son were found down. Each suffered gunshot wounds and were pronounced dead after being transported to area hospitals.
Police discovered Navarrete was employed at Wabash National using fraudulent identification and a false name. Immigrant and Customs Enforcement showed Navarrete was not a legal resident of the U.S.
Navarrete was charged with two counts of murder, unlawful possession of a firearm by an alien, and identity deception. Navarrete's trail is expected to start at 8:30 a.m. Jan 7.
- A Lafayette man accused of killing two people to appear in court Monday
- Man accused of killing Indianapolis doctor appears in court
- Lafayette man accused of possessing child pornography
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- ISP identifies man killed in Monday crash
- Trial for Lafayette man accused of killing wife and recording it begins Friday
- New pickleball courts open in Lafayette
- Warrant issued for Lafayette man accused of promoting prostitution
- Man accused of West Lafayette stabbing found by police
- Lafayette man charged, accused of knocking person unconscious with shovel