LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI)— A very special donation was presented to the girls division of the Cary Homes for Children Tuesday afternoon.
The Association of Women Business Owners raised $5,000 for the Girls home.
This event took place at the Lafayette Country Club which is the new headquarters for the womens association. The non profit womens group has been meeting since 1982 and today launched a new start for the new president of the association Debbie Mcgregor.
"It kind of tears you up. Because you know everybody has a journey that they go through. So just being able to help them through this journey to help get them through the tough times that they have. To know that they can be successful." says Mcgregor
The non profit womens group has been meeting since 1982 and has always found ways to connect with the community
The womens association also purchased $1,000 worth of wish list items that the girls prepared back in December.
Rebecca Humphrey is the coordinator at the Cary Home for Girls division. She accepted the donation and says that making sure these girls are not alone helps them in the future.
"Its the power of our own personal stories and our own personal growth that help other people realize that they are not alone. And so in sharing those stories we also are able to help girls get better stronger" says Humphrey
If you would like to donate to the Cary Home for Girls divison you can do so by visiting Cary Home for Children.
- A Donation That Will Enrich Lives
- Franciscan nurse donates kidney
- Local church asks for donations
- Purdue Crew receives sizable anonymous donation
- Heartford House receives generous donation from LPD
- Lafayette Kiwanis donates comfort dolls to children
- Lafayette Transitional Housing Center receives big donation
- Lafayette Rotary Club donates to Imagination Library
- Gold and Black LIVE Sept. 1