LOGANSPORT, Ind. (WLFI) — A 3-year-old Logansport boy has died after shooting himself Thursday afternoon.
According to Lt. AJ Rozzi with the Logansport Police Department, around 11:30 a.m. Thursday the boy seemed to have accidentally shot himself inside a home on Treen Street.
Police reported he was in critical condition and was taken to a local hospital by helicopter. Later, investigators with the Logansport police later reported he had died.
The father of the child was helping the homeowner with a project and had left with him to get supplies while a woman babysat his son.
The woman didn't live at the home and didn't seem to be aware there were guns in the house.
Police have not released where he shot himself but said the weapon used was a semi-automatic.
They are still investigating but say the incident appears to be accidental at this time.
- Three-year-old dies after shooting himself
- Teen gets 64 years for fatal shooting of Indiana woman
- Man gets 30 year prison sentence for Lafayette shooting death
- Pearl Harbor sailor comes home for burial -- 77 years after he died
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Lebanon City Council member dies
- Dog dies from fallen tree
- Purdue Agriculture Economics professor dies
- Before he died, an elderly man left his 2-year-old neighbor Christmas presents for the next 14 years
- Pedestrian dies in Klondike Road crash