Delphi, IND. (WLFI) - The 5th annual Indiana Bacon Festival brought people from all over to Main Street in Delphi to enjoy homegrown pork products.
Indiana Packers sponsored the event and provided much of the bacon. People enjoyed fresh bacon, food trucks, live music and craft beer.
Some specialties at the event included chocolate covered bacon and bacon cupcakes. Country music band Little Texas headlined the event.
They also had a bacon eating contest, KCBS sanctioned Master Series BBQ cook off, a beer garden, and a Family Zone including face painting and balloon animals.
Despite some rainouts in previous years and rain this morning, the turnout for today's event was better than ever.
“This is easily the biggest bacon festival we've had yet,” said Curtis Hansen, Indiana Packers Corporation Marketing Director. “We love how the people love it, we have people who come from multiple states, really all over the country. And the fact that Indiana Kitchen gets to be a part of that, it's outstanding”
Hansen said they are just happy to give back to this community. Carroll County is one of the top pork producing counties in Indiana and the US.
- 5th annual Bacon Festival brings people from all over to enjoy homegrown pork
- Thousands expected at the 5th Annual Indiana Bacon Festival
- Nine Irish Brothers hosts 5th annual St. Baldrick's Foundation fundraiser
- 5th annual Menorah lighting at West Lafayette Public Library
- Fiddlers' Gathering kicks off 47th annual festival
- Bacon the dog: Pet of the Week for August 3
- Educating people for Independence Day festivities
- China raises tariffs on US pork, fruit in trade dispute
- Canal Park hosts 30th annual Christmas Festival despite rainy weather
- Indiana Packers Corp. donates 25,000 pounds of pork to Food Finders