LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman is facing multiple charges in an early morning accident that killed one person. According to court filings, Mekeisha Roberts was charged Thursday with the following:
-Causing death when operating a vehicle while intoxicated (Level 5 felony)
-Causing death when operating a vehicle with an ACE of .08 or more (Level 5 felony)
-Causing serious injury when operating a vehicle while intoxicated (Level 5 felony)
-Causing Serious bodily injury when operating a motor vehicle with an ACE of .08 or more (Level 6 felony)
-Driving while suspended (Class A Misdemeanor)
-Operating a vehicle without ever receiving a license (Class C Misdemeanor)
-Operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license with a prior (Class A misdemeanor)
Mekeisha Roberts was driving a 2004 Pontiac Bonneville when she struck a utility pole and a tree near just before 2:30 a.m. near the entrance to the Tippecanoe Mall.
30-year-old Michael Creamer was sitting in the front passenger seat and was taken to Franciscan Health where he died from his injuries.
A second passenger was 31-year-old Tatiana Jones sustained minor injuries.
- Charges filed against Lafayette driver in St. Rd. 38 fatal accident
- Charges filed against Lafayette man in sexual assault case
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed
- HIGHLIGHTS: Twin Lakes 51, Frontier 38 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Harrison 57, Kokomo 38 (BBB)
- Suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run charged
- Charges filed against drug suspects
- Multiple train cars have derailed near St Rd 38 and Veterans Memorial Parkway
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man arrested after 18th St. standoff